Thursday, November 6, 2008

We're outta here!

Yay! We're finally leaving for Vancouver tonight. I say finally as if I've been waiting for this trip for a long time when really we booked it less than a week ago. I like to think we can still be spontaneous even though we have a baby now. It's kinda nice. On the one hand I'm all for spontaneity like in the case of booking a trip last minute or making impulse buys such as the new camera last week. On the other hand I'm a total planning freak. On our trip to Washington, DC in 2007 I planned our daily activities right down to the restaurants we would be eating in. This time around it is much the same. I think I just feel as though we should get as much as we can into what little time we have in these places and not miss out on anything.

This week's highlights:

Obama winning the U.S. presidential election. It is just amazing to have witnessed this remarkable event in history.

Another highlight was the birthday of a friend and my first night out alone. Last night I went out for a drink with her and some other friends from university to celebrate. I can't believe how much we've all changed since we first met a few years ago. Where does time go? Unfortunately I had to skip out on the karaoke because I had to get home to Ryan and Brendan. I was so proud of Ryan getting Brendan to sleep on his own. I know he can be unbelievably difficult to settle at times which is why I am happy I landed someone so patient (both with Brendan and myself on my bad days). Another plus this week week.. Brendan only woke up once at 4am last night and conveniently it was when I had to drive Ryan to the train.

No comments: