Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Updates

Brendan is at his first day of daycare today :( I miss the little guy so much already. He seemed to like the other little boys and I'm sure he'll be fine and I'll enjoy the much needed time alone but he still seems so small.

Things have been pretty busy around these parts lately. Yesterday was my sister's birthday. We went over and had dinner with her. Here is a picture of my sister, my mom and I from last Easter (when I was pregnant with Brendan).

I am nearly done reading the book "Twilight". I decided that I had to read it due to all the hype over the book. I am still undecided on whether or not it has won me over. Regardless.. it has been nice to just sit and read for pleasure.

I ordered my seeds for my front porch container garden - unfortunately our yard will be nowhere near ready for a garden this year. I ordered from Johnny's. Dan from the Urban Veggie Garden Blog was particularly helpful in this aspect. I have no clue when it comes to importing seed from the US. I ordered three types of sunflower seeds (Buttercream, Firecracker and Strawberry Blond), tomato (Mariana and Green Zebra), cilantro, northern pickling cucumber, chamomile, calendula, and lavender (lady). I'm pretty excited!

In other news, our washing machine kicked the can. We got one load out of it. Couldn't it have atleast worked until I found a job???..I guess we will be buying a new washing machine very soon. I've been applying for jobs like crazy. I should really get back to it!

No comments: