Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Family Day and The Birthday.

Michelle and I out celebrating both our birthdays on the 13th in Peterborough. The drinks just turned out fuzzy for some reason. It mirrors my state of mind at the time :)

Today I turned another year older. This year was pretty special. This was my first birthday with Brendan. I really cherished the time I spent with him all day. It made me think of how lucky I am to be able to spend all day every day with him when so many other women have to go back to work sooner. I've been really lucky. It also made me think that there will probably be not too many more birthdays like this one where I am not working. Last year I got pretty lucky as my birthday fell on our new stat. holiday "Family Day". I was pregnant with Brendan then. Ryan had the day off work and we went out to dinner, went to see a movie and had ice cream. Seems like so long ago.


Today's Events


  • Woke-up at 8:30am and cuddled with Brendan for a good 20 minutes in bed.

  • Went out to the grocery store to pick up some groceries.

  • Treated myself to a coffee and bagel for breakfast.

  • Recieved several calls (and many more facebook messages) from family and friends wishing me a happy birthday

  • Ate a nice dinner with Ryan that he helped prepare (complete with wine)

  • Put Brendan to bed and got a visit from friends who brought with them cupcakes for my birthday and Sarah (my MOH) got me a wedding planner and a DIY bride book which I absolutely love! - these will definitely help me plan my shoestring budget wedding. :). 
As for Family Day...This year, Family Day was on the 16th, we went to mom's house for a turkey dinner. Even Brendan got to enjoy dinner. He ate wee pieces of broccoli, cauliflower, potato and turkey. This was Brendan's first time having non-pureed turkey. He really liked it. I enjoyed taking the left overs home for some fabulous home-made turkey soup.

On the agenda for tomorrow.. shopping for used books and thrifting for clothes for Brendan oh! and ordering some seeds for my container vegetable garden I have planned for this summer.

No comments: