Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sleeping Woes

The past few days have been a bit nightmarish. Brendan has had a consistent low-grade fever between 99.4 and 101. The first day, I woke up in the middle of the night to find him boiling hot. Me being the biggest worrier ever took him to the doctors of course on day 1 of fever. The doc checked for an ear infection among other things and thankfully he was fine. Day 3..fever still present and still no sign of anything remotely wrong with his immune system according to the doctor. Yes I went back. Therefore we have come to the conclusion all the fussiness, sadness, and clinginess must be because of his teeth (Please won't they poke through already). All week he was waking every 1 1/2-2 hours in the night to feed - come to think of it, this has been ongoing from about 3 months ago when for a couple weeks he was sleeping 6 solid hours. This was not good for my attempt to keep him in his crib all night and he ended up sleeping with us again due to me being utterly exhausted and him being so fussy that anytime I put him down he would protest, no matter how deep a sleep he was in.



















(He really is about to cry in the picture on the left but I had to take a picture of this sleeper, it is just so darn cute.)


Last night I got home from my evening class to a miserable Ryan who was tired and couldn't get Brendan to calm down let alone go to bed. Finally, I nursed Brendan to sleep by 10:30pm and went to bed. I woke up at 4am to the sound of Ryan's alarm for work. I couldn't believe it. The first time B had slept 5 hours straight in a veeeeery long time. Could this be the start of something good? Have I finally reached the end of the worst period of sleeplessness in my life? Here's to hoping, right?

Some great news is that we spontaneously booked a trip tonight. For NEXT WEEKEND. Ryan is taking Friday off and we are going to Vancouver for the weekend. That's right, jetting across the country for a weekend. But we really do deserve a vacation. We're so excited for Brendan to experience the ocean and mountains and are hoping he does well on his first plane ride. The 7 hour trip by car to Temagami this summer wasn't so fun. And it looks like good ol' jet lag might take a toll on the maybe new sleep pattern we have developed.





Ahhh.. Things that make me happy besides spontaneous vacations. Yet another flower bloomed from my hibiscus :)

No comments: