Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Camera Happy. Pictures of our renos!

Every Monday, Brendan and I go to Salsa Babies where we spend an hour with other moms learning salsa dances with the babies strapped in front carriers. I absolutely love this time with him. I haven't been to the class in two weeks because of Thanksgiving and then car troubles last week. I honestly didn't realize how much Brendan had grown - my back was killing me by the end of the class. This week was also different because Brendan wouldn't stop making noises and smiling at all the little girls. He really is growing up!

Afterwards, we headed over to the house so I could take some new pictures as just about everyone I know has been bugging me to see the progress.

Note our new front door installed by Ryan and his dad. Also the beautiful white mailbox (formerly a tarnished brass one that I decided to paint over when painting the new doorstep)

Our living room/dining room complete with inherited 70's plaid matching sofa and chair, solid hardwood dresser I made Ryan carry down the street off of someone's curb - new dressers are expensive and I saved this one from the dump. Oh yes - and our brand new insulation, electrical wiring, plumbing, framing and drywall.

The future kitchen! It just so happens our fridge and stove (also inherited) match our 70's furniture.

This is one of my favourite features of this old house. The staircase and the banister. I can't wait to see them refinished.


Alright so there is a story behind the bathtub you see here. We were out shopping for supplies and I saw this tub on display in the store and begged Ryan for this 2 person, 6ft long tub. It didn't matter that we only had one very small bathroom on the second floor for our whole house which he reminded me of. I had to have this tub anyway. We ordered the tub and then got home and took some measurements and surprise surprise, the tub wouldn't fit into our tiny bathroom. And this is the story of how Brendan's room got a foot and a half smaller :)


Finally, another favourite part of this old house. The attic loft which we hope to make the master bedroom eventually. Isn't it lovely.

No comments: