Thursday, January 21, 2010

Winds of Change

I snapped this photo one morning a couple weeks ago when I woke up early from a good sleep. This was one of the rare mornings where I don't wake up to a little voice calling out to me or whining to let me know he is awake and ready to play. Brendan was still fast asleep that morning and like other mornings of the sort I try my best to lay quietly and enjoy the peace. I cherish these moments. Just the way the sun was lighting the bedroom, shining through the big trees and the condensation building up on the old window was enough to put me in a state of complete and utter relaxation. I really appreciate the privilege of living in an older house in an older neighbourhood where all the houses look different and there are many large trees and deep private lots.

Lately I've been reading a lot on Feng Shui and have become fascinated with the concepts. This is something I would like to seriously take into consideration while continuing on with our huge renovation project which up until now has been at an almost stand still for over a year. I think I will make a commitment to doing one home improvement task/week.


1 comment:

Surprised Suburban Wife said...

Oh I so know what you mean about lying there as quietly as possible to mazimize time in bed. Megan has these spidey-senses and seems to wake up within seconds of me getting out of bed, no matter how quiet I am!