After a month, we're finally settling in to a rhythm and routine as a family of five. I don't feel an overwhelming sense of panic or anxiety anymore when I'm with them at home on my own. I remember feeling really nervous the first time I was alone with two of them too or the first time I took both to the store. I had my first solo parenting experience this past weekend when R went to open our trailer for the season.
At one month, Noah:
- Is starting to have much more time alert when he is awake.
- Weighs 10lbs and has been packing on a pound per week. No wonder I've been starving and achy from carrying him around.
- Is a decent sleeper. Wakes up a few times through the night but generally just eats and goes right back to sleep.
- Holds his head up really well.
- Tracks objects.
- Is a total daddy's boy. Next to eating, his favourite place to be is cuddling with or sleeping on dad
- Has started smiling just this week
I'm a bit sad at some point this month we'll start transitioning him to sleeping in his crib in his own room. I know we'll all get a much better sleep that way but I've grown to love the time settling in bed with him and R at night. For now, I'm enjoying the cuddles at night and sometimes while he naps. I'm also enjoying devouring books from the library like The Goldfinch during our nursing sessions.
|Snuggling with daddy.|