|Another bathroom selfie but switched up the bathroom this time :)|
Sleep has actually been getting a bit better. The past few nights I've slept 3 hour stretches before waking up to go to the bathroom instead of 1-2. I've also been feeling less sore at night which seems weird since I'm getting bigger but perhaps it is because the baby has dropped. I don't have those uncomfortable baby in rib cage feelings which is kind of nice but by after dinner my back usually aches. I've been finding a shower at the end of the day and going to bed nice and early - usually around 8 - helps.
At my last midwives appointment we went over a lot of birth details. I'm still planning for a hospital birth. With B we had to stay almost a week at the hospital before coming home since he was early. With N, we stayed only 10 hours but had to go back frequently to monitor his jaundice levels which was a pain. This time around, my plan is to stay overnight to have time to rest and recover without the chaos of being home and make sure everything is A-OK with both myself and the babe. At my 36 week appointment I'll get my binder which I'll take with me to the hospital when I go. Things are getting real! Baby is still head down and I've gained approximately 25lbs to date. My work clothes are quickly starting to feel uncomfortable.
Still on my to-do list before baby comes:
- Use a gift card for a manicure, pedicure, and eyebrow wax. I could really go without the first two but I always feel so much more put together with manicured eyebrows.
- Pack my hospital bag
- Buy last few things for the nursery, along with a package of diapers and wipes
- Wash baby gear that we'll use in first couple of months - carseat cover, swing cover, rocker seat cover, and winter carseat bag since it looks like we'll probably need it!
- Make meals to freeze for first two weeks after baby arrives and stock up on pantry and household essentials
- Get my hair trimmed
- Order new countertop and dishwasher (come on tax return!)
I feel like this is a much more realistic to-do list than I've had with other pregnancies.