After keeping a daily highlights journal now for three months, I have noticed some trends emerging which gives me good insight into what has been making me happy as of late. So, in no particular order:
1. Getting together and chatting with friends
2. Quality time over quantity time with family - yoga with N; skating/go-karting with B; date nights with R
3. Funny things B says
4. Giving and receiving random acts of kindness and engaging in conversations with strangers
5. Alone time and taking time to look and feel my best. I have found that when I take the time to take care of myself, even just showering and getting dressed in nice clothes, I feel better.
6. Savoury meals
7. Organization and productivity (not being rushed, finishing stuff ahead of time, getting more done than anticipated)
9. Saying yes to things I don't or wouldn't normally do (tobogganing, ladies night out)
10. Watching my boys develop new skills and seeing their relationship with each other grow
What things are making others happy these days?