Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Last Hurrah!



This past long weekend marked the end of a long era for my in-laws. This was the official last gathering of the family before they move into town from their 100 acre farm. The farm has been the hub of all family gatherings and the childhood home of my husband and his next immediate brother (there are 5 siblings in total - my husband is the youngest and his brother a year older as well as three older siblings from his dad's first marriage). I was lucky to enjoy the past 5 years of celebrations there with them. Time was often spent around a bonfire, going on hikes back into the bush, fishing, playing bocce ball, and going on snowmobile and atv rides.  




The rest of our weekend was spent gardening. The gardens in the front make a HUGE difference. I also started some veggies in containers on the porch. We'll see how they do. Our CSA starts next week. I can't tell you how excited I am for farm fresh local fruit and vegetables.


On the Brendan front... we can't get enough of being outside!

No comments: