Monday, October 17, 2011

On My Own

Firstly, let me say I have the utmost respect for single parents. I couldn't imagine raising children on my own day in and day out. Sometimes when things get tough I need a little break and that is when DH is there to step in or vice versa... also when I'm on the verge of caving after long battles with B, he is there to reinforce me and remind me not to give in and that things will get easier in the long run. Furthermore, in my experience... sometimes all it takes is a different person saying the same thing to get through to a toddler - as frustrating as that can be.

That being said, DH is gone for the week so I am going at it alone this week. Although the days are long and I miss the companionship (and sometimes relief), it feels really good at the end of the day knowing that I am capable of watching my two precious boys on my own. It also presents a challenge to find a new rhythm, make time for both kids instead of relying on the usual divide and conquer routine (a luxury that single parents can't take advantage of), and find time to get my own schoolwork and housework done.

In short..I pretty much feel like superwoman!

No comments: